When you are charged under Cannabis Licence Act or Cannabis Control Act, the first thing that comes to mind is to search for a good cannabis licence lawyer. If you are facing a massive decision, it is advisable to get legal assistance right away. This is where a Cannabis Licence Act lawyer can help you out. They can advise you on your rights and how the law applies to your specific case. There are a number of considerations that you need to take into account when searching for a lawyer to represent you.
Hiring a Cannabis Licence Act Lawyer
- The first thing you need to take into consideration is whether you can find a local cannabis lawyer. Licensed distributors in most jurisdictions cannot work from their own home. If you live in a province or state that has prescribed pot for medicinal purposes, you cannot work from your house. This means you will have to find a local expert in the field. As long as you find a qualified lawyer who can practice locally, you will be able to get legal representation.
- It may sound obvious, but you would be surprised at the number of people who try to grow or sell cannabis without obtaining a valid licence. The Health Corporation has introduced legislation that aims to regulate the production, sale and consumption of cannabis. However, this legislation does not apply to persons who are growing it for personal consumption. For them, a licensed cannabis lawyer can be a great resource. They can provide advice and assistance in getting a needed licence.
- Before you hire a cannabis lawyer, it is important to know the offence with which he deals. If you are caught for the first time with cannabis offences, you may think that you do not need a lawyer. However, most cannabis offences result in mandatory criminal proceedings. If you want to avoid having to deal with criminal proceedings, you will need to get a lawyer to fight your case.
- People who are caught with cannabis offences include hiring drivers, growing cannabis plants, trafficking and using marijuana. Some other cannabis offences include simple possession and some other serious offences. Each one carries different penalties and consequences. Therefore, you need to hire the right lawyer for your case.
There are two types of lawyers: criminal lawyers and civil lawyers.
- A criminal lawyer represents the state in court cases and makes the argument and helps the accused get the most penalty for their crime. Criminal lawyers can only practice in the federal law courts and they must have a federal license. The state government requires that all criminal lawyers have up-to-date federal laws and knowledge about pending court cases. This is to prevent the delay and confusion of having to hire a new lawyer when the current one is found to be incompetent.
- A civil lawyer, on the other hand, represents the individual and the state in court cases. If you are accused of any offence involving cannabis, you will need the services of a civil lawyer. This type of lawyer may not have expertise in the criminal law but can still help you if the police or prosecutors are trying to put more charges against you. They will make arguments to reduce the amount of time you spend in jail, negotiate with the prosecution or even represent you in court.
The first thing you need to do when you are arrested for cannabis is to find out what your rights are under Cannabis Licence Act or Cannabis Control Act. You will then need to hire a solicitor who can advise you and explain your situation to the court. Do not try to defend yourself in court without the help of a lawyer. This will waste time and money and jeopardise your case.