Immigration » Tips on Getting a Fiance K-1 Visa

Tips on Getting a Fiance K-1 Visa

If you are considering a fiance visa, an K-1 fiance visa, or a change of status, you have probably been invited for an interview by one of the Department of State’s Foreign Service Officers at one of their Foreign Service centers across the United States. A high-level U.S. Embassy or a U.S. Consulate may be the most appropriate venue but in general, an Interview with a U.S. Diplomat takes place in a U.S. embassy or consulate, a U.S. Consulate, or a U.S. Consulate located overseas. The location will depend on your location, which is where the interview will take place.

Fiance(e)s of U.S. citizens can get a K-1 visa to travel to the U.S. and marry the sponsoring citizen. Find out more at visa tutor if you’re eligible.

Ensure a smooth and successful fiance visa interview process with the expert guidance of a dedicated fiance visa attorney.

K-1 Fiance Visa Interview

An K-1 visa interview is a one-on-one meeting with a Consular officer who reviews your application, checks documents, asks questions concerning your specific relationship, and verification the facts on your case with information from the applicants. This interview, also called an K-1 interview or “administrative interview”, is held at the appropriate embassy and usually the consulate closest to where you are located. Once your application is reviewed, your case will be moved to the next level of processing.

During your K-1 fiance visa interview, the officer will ask you questions pertaining to your personal and professional history, your marriage to the intended spouse, your immediate family including children, and any other relevant facts that may affect your application. You will also be asked questions pertaining to your past employment and any prior travel abroad.

Upon completion of the interview, the officer will make a written recommendation and schedule an administrative meeting or conference. The purpose of the meeting is for the officer to collect and evaluate all relevant information regarding your case, offer their advice as to the outcome of your application, and schedule the necessary paperwork and medical exam.

K-1 Fiance Visa Fee

Typically, a final K-1 fiance visa fee is not longer than $750, but the actual amount will vary between countries and can be higher in some countries. The final amount due may be due on the date of your application, a payment made by you directly to the U.S. Department of State, or it may be due when you have not received a response to your application and you then begin your journey to obtaining a fiancee visa.

In any case, the amount of your final K-1 fiance visa fee will be included in your notification of adjustment. In most cases, however, you will receive an additional lower fiance visa fee if you complete the remainder of your approved fiance visa application on time.

Apply for a Fiance K-1 Visa

You will need to follow specific procedures in order to apply for a fiance K-1 visa. You must first obtain a copy of your birth certificate. Next, get a copy of your marriage certificate from the country in which you were married. You will need this to accompany your application for a fiance visa. You must also present these items as proof that you are legally married. It is always a good idea to get copies of these items, just in case you need them for future reference.

Once you have obtained all of the necessary documents and filed all of your necessary paperwork, you will then be able to attend a visa application conference call. At this conference call, you will be able to speak with one of the application staff members who will be able to assist you with everything that you need to know about submitting your visa. At the end of the conference call, you will be notified of your approval for a fiance visa. Your visa will then be completed and you can get married as soon as possible.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top